Work With Us
ANCA Motion control systems have been used in a variety of applications for over 40 years. Their aim is to become recognized as the market leader in the design and manufacture of customized control systems that are used in world-class machines.
Offering a range of solutions ranging from turnkey automation control packages to single items such as digital servo drives, motion controllers, soft PLCs, CNCs, IO modules, motors, cables and cabinets, ANCA Motion's unique software modules and patented technology allows our customers to configure these components into efficient and innovative solutions. Our control systems are used on a number of applications ranging from complex five axes machine tools to two axes profile cutters and single axis stand alone applications. Position Profile
The successful candidate for this role will be an experienced software developer with experience developing complex, computationally intensive, real-time applications.
Reporting through to the Software Engineering Team Leader, you will be responsible for contributing to the development of the motion control and supporting services of the CNC platform, which will allow the organization to take the existing implementation to best in class status.
You will work closely with software engineers, business teams, and other professionals across the various departments and functions within the ANCA Group.
Accountability and Associated Responsibilities
- Act as a domain knowledge expert in various aspects of the CNC product.
- Participate in software and system architectural design activities.
- Participate in the ongoing maintenance and revamp of legacy software.
- Follow and implement recognized software engineering best practices including documentation, test driven development and automation.
- Work collaboratively with project team members including project leaders and product owners with a focus on iterative design and development.
- Manage assigned tasks as per the project plan to ensure they are completed on-time, on-budget and within specification.
- Write comprehensive documentation to support both code maintenance and to assist with the creation of customer facing user manuals.
- Keep abreast of new innovations in the motion control market and other cutting edge technology, and use this knowledge to proactively contribute to the ANCA Motion Technology Roadmap.
- Maintain high ethical and performance standards.
- Degree qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering or related discipline.
- Demonstrated high degree of expertise in C, C++, C# and/or .NET (WinForms / WPF desirable).
- Experience developing for a Windows environment.
- Experience in delivering highly robust software; adopting tools for automated unit, regression and integration testing.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Evidence of strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to carry out tasks with minimal supervision.
- Experience with contemporary software development tools and practices such as version control and issue tracking.
- Experience in a CNC and/or robotics design role or similar.
- Understanding of control system theory and application.
- Experience with hard real-time software (e.g. INTIME for Windows)
- Familiarity with MATLAB/Simulink and/or Dymola.
- Knowledge of aspects of machine tool construction, i.e. mechanical, electrical, PLC and software.
- Experience with software optimization and performance tuning (e.g. profiling, memory checking).
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience in evaluating and comparing performance and/or robustness of software algorithms and/or systems.
If you have all the qualities to make this role a success, please send your application to email@example.com